Tickets for the Kelowna and West Kelowna Garden Tour are now on sale for the early bird price of only $29 until May 31st when the price increases to $34. There are only a few more days to take advantage of the savings.
The Kelowna and West Kelowna Garden Tour takes place on Saturday, June 17th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
This year the self-guided Flower Power Garden Tour includes seven gardens, big and small, blooms and edibles along with tastings, demonstrations and experts to help beginning and advanced gardeners.
- A ‘rock’ star of a garden with rock walls, meandering paths leading the visitor to discover beds of daisies, elderberry shrubs, a vegetable garden and a fairy garden for the grandchildren.
- A small, surprisingly private city lot designed with ample patio space, lawn and low maintenance perennials.
- A winery surrounded by flower gardens with strategically placed sculptures, pergolas and awning for viewing the hummingbirds and honey bees.
- A farm that was selected as the Canadian Garden Destination of the Year; a well designed and functional landscape design that incorporates useful herbs, shrubs and trees bordered with xeriscape plantings.
- A true gardener’s garden where every turn is something to admire with a variety of flowers, a small vegetable garden, strawberry patch and at the centrepiece – a 50′ ginkgo biloba tree.
- With only coyotes and deer as neighbours,this home garden of 15 raised beds is abundant in microgreens, pea shoots, sunflower shoots and specialty items like mouse melons, culinary flowers, garlic scapes and more. This impressive produce is grown exclusively for the award winning restaurants RauDZ Regional Table and micro bar & bites.
Gardening expert Ken Salvail, the Okanagan Master Gardeners, Donna Senese on Wine Geographies and Nancy Holmes on Border Free Bees will be on site to answer questions.
We are thrilled to be hosting a large number of artists in the gardens showcasing their talents – Alex Fong, The Heritage Artists, Jim Finnie, Brushstrokes Palette Club, Annabel Stanley, Lillian Sokil, b-line design and Denise Wandt.
Enjoy tastings, gelato and farm-made Itailan sodas and if you’re hungry the CrAsian Food Truck is back.
And don’t miss the silent auction featuring a Market Dinner for 8 valued at $1200 from our generous sponsor, Delta Grand Okanagan Resort.
Funds raised support:
Chefs in the Classroom – edible education: a classroom gardening and cooking program in elementary schools created by the Okanagan Chefs Association.
Central Okanagan Community Gardens: helping neighbourhoods and communities create sustainable green spaces for gardening, food production, gathering and education.
Tickets are available online at www.flowerpowlwery.ca or at Bylands, Art Knapp, Green and Bear It, The Greenery, Dogwood Nursery, Rick’s Garden World and Okanagan Lavender & Herb Farm.
Flower Power Garden Tour
Saturday, June 17, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm